Configuring a Mikrotik Controller for the JustClickWiFi Platform
Prerequisite: You should already have downloaded the Mikrotik Winbox 3.4 utility to the computer that you will be configuring the device from. The device should be connected to the Internet and to your computer.
The following setup was done using a Mikrotik RB951Ui-2HnD:
- Using the Winbox utility, connect to the device
- As a best practice, you should reset the router with NO CONFIGURATION. Of course, if you have the router already setup to perform other actions do not do this step and instead use the script to configure as per your requirements.
- Reconnect to the Routerboard using the Winbox utility (see step 1).
- Open a New Terminal window
- We will send you the script to perform the next action. If you did not receive the script, please contact support.
- Open the script file in Notepad and select all of the text and copy to your clipboard.
Paste the script into the NEW TERMINAL window on Winbox
You should be returned to the terminal promptNOTE: If the terminal session ends early and “kicks you out” before the full script is completed, simply log back into the device and re-paste the entire script again and the process should finish. This happens sometimes because the Ethernet port that you’re using to configure the device may be reset during the configuration process.
- That’s it! Your Mikrotik Routerboard device should now display the Splash Page you assigned to the Hotspot in the JustClickWiFi Dashboard.
As a final step, BE SURE TO PASSWORD PROTECT your Router: